A couple of weeks ago, we began what I am calling the “5 for 5” Gratitude Challenge.
The idea is simple: Take 5 minutes each day in quiet prayer and mediation, and then write down 5 things you are thankful for.
I believe when we take time to practice gratitude, we connect more deeply to God. It changes your attitude and outlook on life, and ultimately leads to a more joyful life. I know it does for me!
Here are days 2 &3 of my Gratitude Challenge:
Day 2- Five Things I am Thankful for…
- Zeke- Again! Each day he comes and sits beside me as I meditate. It’s hard not to notice him. (see below)
- The sunshine and quiet stillness of the morning– not a leaf is moving and the sun is shining on the spruce trees in our backyard.
- The beauty and comfort of our home– we live in a beautiful place!
- My family- Abby, Ben, and Caroline– What a joy to watch our children grow and become young adults. (Abby is in her element at Alma College.)
- Jaime and the joy and challenge of marriage!
- The gift of this new day- Each day is truly a gift, a new opportunity to create, to love, to share. What will I create this day? How will I show God’s love? With whom is God calling me to share?
- This time of quiet prayer and meditation, sensing the joy and wonder of God’s presence.
- Golf yesterday at the Orchards– I had two 2’s! (and three 7’s, oh, well!)
- Our small group Bible study– the gift of community and friendship shared. (We are starting a new study on the Book of Revelation.)
- The gift of Sabbath rest! It is Friday, and I have no obligations today!
I invite you again to try the “5 for 5” Gratitude Challenge— just five minutes each day, name five things you are thankful for. It really does change one’s perspective and outlook, and leads to a more joy-filled life!